Vehicle Artist / Senior Vehicle Artist
Job Title: Vehicle Artist/Senior Vehicle Artist (Dependant on Experience)
Location: Guildford, UK
Salary: Dependant on experience / competitive
Hours of Work: 9 am to 5.30 pm
Reports To: Lead Artist
Application Email: Contact@StellarEntertainment.Software
Stellar Entertainment is a video game development studio based in Guildford, Surrey at the heart of a thriving community of game developers and publishers. We are a group of ambitious, collaborative and passionate developers supported by industry veterans with a collectively diverse and impressive softography, dedicated to creating an empowering, family first working environment.
We have recently released Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered and Burnout Paradise Remastered to critical acclaim across multiple platforms.
Having worked on a string of hits, winning lots of awards, we know what it takes to ship quality entertainment. We are a focused, motivated, innovative team that puts game entertainment front and centre of all that we do.
We approach everything we do with the single-minded goal of being the best. We will take on the difficult work so that those who have a vested interest in what we create – both our partners and our players – can enjoy an unparalleled experience.
Whether it’s the creation of our games, the development of collaborations with high profile industry partners or the building of a long-term future for our studio, we have what it takes to do amazing work every day.
Making games is a team sport and we know our team performs at its best when our people can work in a culture of trust and flexibility and feel they have the freedom to take care of all the other important aspects of their lives, as well as their work.
We are looking for a Vehicle Artist of all levels of experience to join our growing team at Stellar Entertainment. We have a passion for games, problem solving and learning and sharing knowledge.
We have exciting next-gen projects lined up with the aim of creating a truly AAA experience pushing the boundaries in UE4 & UE5.
As a Vehicle Artist we are looking for someone with skills in some of the following areas: Vehicle creation, vehicle rigs, outsource management and performance.
We are looking for people with experience of working on published console titles with a wide knowledge of industry tools. Familiarity with art creation pipelines, asset exporting, process automation and procedural creation is essential. A deep passion for cars, knowledge of trends and active participation in the community.
You will be part of a dynamic team whose key responsibility is to push for quality and efficiency wherever possible. Your role works across all art and design teams as well as engineering disciplines to help define our vehicle needs and specifications.
- Support the Art Team with their vehicle needs, liaising with engineering, design and legal
- Stay up to date on trends and methodologies in current and future graphics software to develop early planning of tools and processes
- Participate in the development of technology road maps and tools
- Optimise content for memory and performance while retaining visual quality
- Be aware of potential risks to the project and bring it to the attention of management
- Create AAA quality vehicles
- Define outsource specifications, provide timely feedback and leadership
- Collaborate with team including production to decide on the best working practices
- Be a reference for the team in relation to vehicle art, find and develop solutions to complex issues that arise
- Provide feedback and advise team members on the project
- Support the Art Director, Technical Director and Lead Artist in any ad hoc tasks and duties
- Marketing materials support as needed
Skills And Knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with scripting/programming languages such as Max Script, Python is a positive
- Experience with rigging is a big positive
- Experience in UE4 (or similar game engine)
- Experience in industry standard art tools such as 3DS Max/Maya, Photoshop, Substance
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- 5 years’ minimum experience in vehicle art or other relevant experience
- Worked on at least 1 game within the vehicle art discipline, preferably a AAA title
- Bachelor’s degree in art, design, technical discipline or other relevant training