Texture Artist / Senior Texture Artist
Job Title: Texture Artist/Senior Texture Artist (Dependant on Experience)
Location: Guildford, UK
Salary: Dependant on experience / competitive
Hours of Work: 9 am to 5.30 pm
Reports To: Lead Artist
Application Email: Contact@StellarEntertainment.Software
Stellar Entertainment is an established game development studio based in central Guildford. We bring the very best “just one more go” entertainment to gamers worldwide. Entertainment isn’t just in our name, it’s in our DNA, it’s who we are and what we do.
Having worked on a string of hits, and having won lots of awards, we know what it takes to ship quality entertainment. We are a focused, motivated, innovative team that puts game entertainment front and centre of all that we do.
We’ve all been there. Important deadline this Friday and it’s your child’s sports day. Dilemma? Not at Stellar. We understand hit games are made, not just, by a cast of seasoned Programmers, Artists & Designers but also by the support of their families. We have built a culture where you don’t need to feel torn between important family events & spending time in front of a computer screen. You go to the sports day. Every time. At Stellar we call this policy “Family First”.
Stellar Entertainment Software was founded in August 2016 and has worked with the biggest in the business. We had our first number 1 with Burnout Paradise Remastered and have been cooking up something pretty special since then.
We are a well-funded development studio with a very bright future. The studio is made up of many industry veterans with an incredible impressive softography between us.
We are based in leafy Guildford, the capital of the UK games industry.
We are looking for a Texture Artist of all levels of experience to join our growing team at Stellar Entertainment. We have a passion for games, problem solving and learning and sharing knowledge.
We have exciting next-gen projects lined up with the aim of creating a truly AAA experience pushing the boundaries in UE4 & UE5.
As a Texture Artist we are looking for someone with skills in some of the following areas: texture creation in different art styles, expert knowledge in Substance Designer and Painter.
We are looking for people with experience of working on published console titles with a wide knowledge of industry tools. Familiarity with art creation pipelines, asset exporting, process automation and procedural creation is essential.
You will be part of a dynamic team whose key responsibility is to push for quality and efficiency wherever possible.
- Support the Art Team with their texturing needs
- Stay up to date on trends and methodologies in current and future graphics software relating to texturing to develop early planning of tools and processes
- Optimise content for memory and performance but retaining visual quality
- Create PBR correct textures and understand differing needs for creating believable textures
- Be aware of potential risks to the project and bring it to the attention of management
- Collaborate to decide on the best working practices
- Be a reference for the team in relation to textures, find and develop solutions to complex issues that arise
- Provide feedback and advise team members on the project
- Work with tech art and graphic engineers to improve materials and shaders
- Support the Art Director, Technical Director and Lead Artist in any ad hoc tasks and duties
Skills And Knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good knowledge of multiple texture creation pipelines
- Expert knowledge of Substance Designer and Painter
- Experience in UE4 (or similar game engine)
- Experience in industry standard art tools such as 3DS Max/Maya, Photoshop
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Graphic design experience is a bonus
- 2 years’ minimum experience in texture art or other relevant experience
- Worked on at least 1 game within the texture art discipline, preferably a AAA title
- Bachelor’s degree in art, design, technical discipline or other relevant training