Who we are
Stellar Entertainment is an established game development studio based in central Guildford. We bring the very best “just one more go” entertainment to gamers worldwide. Entertainment isn’t just in our name, it’s in our DNA, it’s who we are and what we do.
Having worked on a string of hits, and having won lots of awards, we know what it takes to ship quality entertainment. We are a focused, motivated, innovative team that puts game entertainment front and centre of all that we do.
Responsibilities & Duties
- To be the ‘Building Manager’, ensuring statutory compliance, including managing budgets, ensuring statutory compliance, acting as primary contact in respect of all building maintenance and development matters, liaising with building owners, maintenance contractors and suppliers to ensure best practice.
- To coordinate all aspects of Health and Safety and Fire Safety. Including risk assessments, organising emergency procedures. Managing Fire Marshal and First Aider duties and relevant training, to ensure that the company is fully compliant with all HSE Health and Safety Rules and Regulations
- Responsible for all company Display Screen Equipment Assessments (DSE and Pregnancy Assessments, allocating any specialist equipment highlighted in the DSE
- Chairperson for Health and Safety Committee
- Manage all aspects of company travel, including travel & insurance policies.
- Process expense reports.
- Responsible for payroll and aspects of company finance, ensuring that items are invoiced and invoices are paid on time etc.
- Responsible for Human Resources, organising any training requirements and performance reviews, appraisals, and disciplinary interviews, assist with on-boarding process for new hires.
- Implementation of new company policies and procedures, provide training as and when required.
- Responsible for allocating space, undertake space audits and optimising the use of space in the interests of the business. managing and coordinating all ‘fit outs’ of new spaces.
- Manage contract price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease
- Sort and distribute incoming mail, courier deliveries, and prepare mailings and packaging.
- Maintain office security, order access keys & fobs for new employees.
- Process parking permits.
- Process expense reports, manage budgets, ensure accurate and timely reporting.
- Handle the processing, renewals and payments of the company’s business license, certificate of use, business tax, etc, ensure that all work is invoiced and paid on time.
- Responsible for allocating and providing all relevant equipment for new starters including desks, chairs, phones etc.
- Maintaining all filing systems.
- Liaise and negotiate with external providers to obtain the best level of service, managing Key Performance Indicators and price for all purchases and contracts.
- Organise all aspects and logistics of company events, including office parties, seminars, conferences, recruitment drives, management / board of directors’ meetings and other corporate functions.
- Schedule meetings and appointments.
- Provide general support to colleagues, clients and visitors.
- Communicate and drive ideas and culture.
- Other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, as requested by management.
Data Protection Officer Duties and Responsibilities
(The DPO’s minimum tasks are defined in Article 39: Tasks of the Data Protection Officer)
- To inform and advise the organisation and its employees about their obligations to comply with the GDPR and other data protection laws.
- To monitor compliance with the GDPR and other data protection laws, including managing internal data protection activities, advise on data protection impact assessments; train staff and conduct internal audits.
- To be the first point of contact for supervisory authorities and for individuals whose data is processed (employees, customers etc).
- Proven experience as an Office Manager or similar, ideally a minimum of 3 year’s office management experience.
- Ideally Minimum of 3 years’ experience of managing others, delegating and coordinating work.
- Exposure to aspects of Human Resources.
- Ideally Exposure to UK legislation in respect of Health and Safety.
- Ideally Proven track history of negotiating prices and contracts.
- Ideally Experience of managing third party/supplier relationships effectively.
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures.
- Hands on experience with office machines (e.g. printers).
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritise work.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion and tact;
- People oriented and results driven.
- Familiarity with email scheduling tools, like Microsoft outlook and google calendar.
Job Title: Office Manager
Hours of Work: 9 am to 5.30 pm