Associate / Graduate Programmer
Job Title: Associate / Graduate Programmer
Location: Guildford, Utrecht, Remote*
Salary: Dependant on experience but competitive
Hours of Work: 9 am to 5.30 pm
Apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stellar Entertainment is a video game development studio based in Guildford, Surrey at the heart of a thriving community of game developers and publishers. We are a group of ambitious, collaborative and passionate developers supported by industry veterans with a collectively diverse and impressive softography, dedicated to creating an empowering, family first working environment.
We have recently released Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered and Burnout Paradise Remastered to critical acclaim across multiple platforms.
Having worked on a string of hits, winning lots of awards, we know what it takes to ship quality entertainment. We are a focused, motivated, innovative team that puts game entertainment front and centre of all that we do.
We approach everything we do with the single-minded goal of being the best. We will take on the difficult work so that those who have a vested interest in what we create – both our partners and our players – can enjoy an unparalleled experience.
Whether it’s the creation of our games, the development of collaborations with high profile industry partners or the building of a long-term future for our studio, we have what it takes to do amazing work every day.
Making games is a team sport and we know our team performs at its best when our people can work in a culture of trust and flexibility and feel they have the freedom to take care of all the other important aspects of their lives, as well as their work.
This role requires:
- Graduate, or soon to graduate, with a good degree in a science subject (Physics, Maths, Computer Science etc)
- You are fluent in C++
- You have a great grasp of 3d mathematics
- You understand Object Orientated design
- You have strong problem solving skills
- You enjoy programming and have undertaken side projects (ShaderToy, Game Jams, Web Development, Demo programming) outside of your University course
- You are a team player
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 beneficial
- Eligible to work in the UK (with NI number)
But most importantly you are a team player, a collaborator, somebody we would want to hang out with.
What we offer:
- Hands on mentoring turning you from a graduate programmer into a seasoned professional
- Experience of full console development lifecycle, from concept design to submission & release
- You’ll get to work on a wide variety of things: online, physics, UI, audio, progression everything in the game
- Competitive salary
- Private health care
- Critical illness cover
- Opportunity to live in Guildford and be part of the UK’s largest, vibrant game development community
* Means working remotely but you may be required to be on site for major project meetings at the companies discretion.