Who we are
Stellar Entertainment is an established game development studio based in central Guildford. We bring the very best “just one more go” entertainment to gamers worldwide. Entertainment isn’t just in our name, it’s in our DNA, it’s who we are and what we do.
Having worked on a string of hits, and having won lots of awards, we know what it takes to ship quality entertainment. We are a focused, motivated, innovative team that puts game entertainment front and centre of all that we do.
We’ve all been there. Important deadline this Friday and it’s your child’s sports day. Dilemma? Not at Stellar. We understand hit games are made, not just, by a cast of seasoned Programmers, Artists & Designers but also by the support of their families. We have built a culture where you don’t need to feel torn between important family events & spending time in front of a computer screen. You go to the sports day. Every time. At Stellar we call this policy “Family First”.
Stellar Entertainment Software was founded in August 2016 and has worked with the biggest in the business. We had our first number 1 with Burnout Paradise Remastered and have been cooking up something pretty special since then.
We are a well funded development studio with a very bright future. The studio is made up of many industry veterans with an incredible impressive softography between us.
We are based in leafy Guildford the capital of the UK games industry.
We are looking for a senior software engineer who can help co-ordinate the software effort at Stellar Entertainment. This is an exciting role because you get to stamp your mark on an emerging studio.
Our motto is “Do something amazing everyday” and we are looking for somebody to help live that motto and drive it through all members of our development team.
This role requires:
- Mentoring of junior (2 year’s experience) programmers
- Performing code reviews via Reviewboard
- Help build programmer career paths through Stellar Entertainment
- Set coding standards
- Ensure all coders have a credible plan for high quality delivery
- Deliver, high quality, optimised, reliable systems
- At least 5 years, ideally more, development experience
- A graduate with, ideally, a 1st class degree
- Have shipped multiple AAA titles
- Fully versed in the game development cycle from concept to DLC
- A “Can Do” person who is likely to start anything with “How hard can it be?”
- A wealth of knowledge & experience, a guru
- Strong C++
- A thorough understanding of console development
- An expert in Unreal Engine
But most importantly you are a team player, a collaborator, somebody we would want to hang out with.
Job Title: Experienced Software Engineer
Location: Guildford, UK & Europe
Salary: Dependant on experience but competitive
Hours of Work: 9 am to 5.30 pm
Apply at: email@example.com